Monday 30 May 2016

Buy Tires Online - A Money Saving and Hassle Free Guide

I just had my first experience buying tires online. Just what a great experience and I saved over $200! For me personally buying tires online caused a little anxiety. We had been given a horror story by a local tire merchant which turned out to be absolutely false but it made me do my home work before making the purchase.

My tires were installed without the problems by a professional installer. I actually had my choice of at least 3 shops that would install them (I only checked with 3). On top of that the online retailer had partners that would do the installation in my area if I needed that.

I'll step you through the process so you can help you money as well. You may also check out my Youtube-video in which I describe my experience. The bottom line is do your homework - don't fear - and save money! And in my case I was able to get a much better tire that was not available in my local area. This tire was ranked the best SUV and Light Truck tire and it was cheaper than smaller rated tires but this is the subject of another article.

I had done my research and found the tire I needed to buy. It was rated best of all light truck/SUV all season radials and it was less expensive - a no brainer for me. Unfortunately - or actually thankfully in this case, the tire was not available in my area. My wife's family lives in Louisville, KY though and we were up there for Christmas so I called around up there to see who had the tire. There were unable many dealers but one dealer did get it and he quoted me a price. I told him or her I could get the wheels less expensively online but he would not budge on his price.

This specific dealer told me We would never find anyone to put the tires on for me if I did get them online. To the opposite I had no problem finding an installer. Three out of three stores told me it would not be a problem. I ended up saving money, getting the best tire away there and I could not be more satisfied. In this article is what you must know though when shopping for auto tires online.

Steps to Acquire Tires Online

Make your tire buying hassle free.
An individual can save money, have access to virtually any wheel and make the best and safest decision for your family. There are only a few things need to do when buying tires online.

Know which tire you want to buy. Buying auto tires online is a little different than going to the local tire store. You do not have someone behind the countertop recommending tires to you. However you have the good thing about independent, non-biased research. Chances are, the tire store is going to recommend the tire that gives them the best profit. They also only carry certain tires therefore you do not have access to all the wheels available.

Buying online offers access to just about any tire you want. On top of that you can observe tests run on individual tires and make you decision based on actual performance. Users much like yourself also rate their tires so you can see other users' experience. Possibilities are you will have an idea of the brand or even wheel you want to buy and all you have to do is find your size. If not check out Consumer Reports in your local library for thorough tests and look here for more test results.

Locate your tire size. With regard to this now you can look at the side of your overall tire. You will see something that looks like 235/70R16 or 155/65R13. Duplicate this number right down to look up your tire. For a lot of vehicles you can actually just shop by your vehicle's make and model and the online store will know the standard sizing. Be aware however that some vehicles are produced with multiple wheel specifications which means you can not always rely on the retailer to supply the scale for you. Give it a try if you are not around your vehicle but your best gamble is to just note the size from the tires on your vehicle.

Find an installer This was very easy for me but don't take if for granted. I called my local Honda dealer who said they would put them on. I also called a local tire store who also said they would install them (at their normal installation price). I wound up going to the Wal-mart automotive center and they put them on for me. I was told by one dealer who wanted to sell me the tires that no-one would put the auto tires on for me. That will was not my experience but your location can make a difference.

Bottom collection is merely call a pair places and ask if they will put tires on for you if you bring in the auto tires. They will most likely state that the tires need to be brand new. Within my case I experienced a very easy time because no-one carried the tires I wanted regionally. Therefore anyone was willing to set them on. When you are buying a tire that the neighborhood company carries you may want to seek advice from someone who either doesn't sell auto tires as their primary business or who does not carry your tire.

The online retailer will also often have partners near you that will put the tires on for you. If you like you can even have your tires drop shipped to the installer. This way you don't have to manage the tires at all. Get more information about tires then you can always consider buy rims and tires.However, if you determine to try this, just be certain you have someone who has agreed to install the tires for you and make sure you know their fees. It is important to have this planned out forward of time. You may not want to spend several hundred or so dollars for tires without planning the installation ahead of time.

(Optional) Evaluation shopping In my situation I saved a good little money buying wheels online. You may want to compare prices towards your best deal. I would venture to express that you will find that buying online will save you money almost every time. I actually spent a couple dollars more per tire for my choice of online vendors just because the reliability of my chosen vendor was unquestioned whereas other online vendors seemed questionable.

Buy your tires This is as simple as a few mouse clicks. There is a wealth of information when picking tires online including intensive research, testing and reading user reviews.

You can save a significant amount of money as well as in my case I was in a position to get a much better tire along with great savings. I didn't want to be more satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment