Monday 22 December 2014

Mexican People and Mexican Restaurants

I grew up eating Mexican food, and because of that, I tend to be very critical when it comes to Mexican restaurants. Whenever someone suggests a new place, I feel a bit of trepidation, wondering how far off the mark the place will be. I admit, I go into trying a new Mexican restaurant with a bit of a bad attitude. The stuff I grew up eating was home made and excellent, and I invariably compare every restaurant, taco stand, and Mexican fast food place with what I was raised with. My trepidation goes as far as to do some advanced intelligence on a new place just to see what I can find out.

The first criteria is, do Mexicans and other Hispanics eat there? I do that with any ethnic restaurant. If no Japanese frequent a Japanese restaurant, it usually means that it is off the mark. If Mexicans are avoiding a Mexican restaurant, it is because the food there does not taste familiar enough to want to go back. I will avoid these kinds of restaurants like the plague. On the other hand, if there is a solid buzz about a place within the community it claims to represent, it says a lot for the flavor and style of food, and that means that it is probably a place worth checking out. I tend to be more strict with Mexican food because of what I was raised on, but I am always willing to give a place a good report if they can match that.





Click here for omaha mexican restaurants  online.

No comments:

Post a Comment